Tom Dacon Tom Dacon is offline

Default Any yacht brokers hang out here?

Oh yeah, I'll do a full survey too. But in addition to that what I want to
find out, if I can, is whether doing such things as adding radar or
replacing the ancient sails would repay the cost of the upgrade. When people
are selling houses, it seems to be pretty well-known how well upgrades such
as carpeting or kitchen remodeling pay off. I'm hoping to find yacht brokers
that have enough experience with this kind of thing that I can get some
advice about what would be good to do and what wouldn't.

Tom

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
Tom Dacon wrote:
Are there any yacht brokers that hang out in this group? I'm going to
be preparing a 41' wooden sloop for sale one of these days, and I
have some questions about certain upgrades that I'm thinking about
doing. I'm wondering if I can get some informed opinions about
whether the cost of the upgrades would pay off, either in terms of
making the boat more attractive for sale or getting me a better price.

Sorry for the separate posts to .building and .cruising. I didn't
think of posting here until after I'd already posted to the other
group.

Thanks,
Tom Dacon

Best option to secure a better price is to have a full survey done, and
made
available to serious bidders. I sold a yacht that had been on the market
for
5 years by this method.

Dennis.