Chris

Default Long Island Sound wave height question

Heading out on the sound to do some kayaking in the near future and I have a
question. This situation is completely hypothetical: If the National Weather
Service forecasts winds of 15-20kts from the north on Long Island Sound and
wave heights of say....2-3ft, does this mean that these max wave heights will
be on the north shore of Long Island, considering the wind direction? So when
I read NWS wave height forecasts for the sound, should I take off or add to
them based on which shore I am on relative to the wind direction? Thanks in
advance to anyone that is able to help.

Chris