Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default re Titanic ceremony in Halifax

On 2008-04-17 07:05:19 -0400, hpeer said:

Just as I was leaving we got a brand new C-130, #1504.

Last year while I was rounding the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland I
heard the #1504 call for assistance for anyone on the surface to report
the position of bergs.

31 years later and that plane is still in service.

They definitely were built to last in an environment far more
unforgiving than the sea.

But having an idea of their service schedules, is it possible that very
little of what rolled off the assembly line is still in the plane?

I used to watch them doing touch-and-goes at Willow Grove. Their
ugly-duckling profile definitely grew on me as I watched them
transition between their natural element and the ground. (The warthogs
impressed me even more.)

--
Jere Lull