posted to rec.boats.electronics
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Class B AIS Units

Paul,
Yes, they can be silenced just like the "B" battery time is not an issue
with either.
Steve

"ZeilDude" wrote in message
.. .
Steve,

Thanks for these insights. I'm looking for a transponder. Noticed they are
sold in UK now as AIT250 for arround 500 pounds, but have not seen them
yet for the 419,- you mentioned. If I'm correct Class A transmits at much
higher power, so I'm wondering the impact this has on battery consumption
for longer period of time. Or can class A transponder be switched to
receiver only mode?
In general I think the class A are more future proof and have better
handling, so thanks for the tip.

Paul.