posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Class B AIS Units

Hey guys,

I am located in the US and work for a company who is right now
liquidating it's Class B AIS units to people outside the US. If
anyone is interested in taking advantage of the weak dollar and get a
really good deal on a Class B unit. No this is not a scam or some
other type of misrepresentation, just an offer to those outside the US
to purchase a unit at a low price. Please take a look at the
following link if you are interested:

http://www.portvision.com/Public/Class-B-AIS/

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Not at that price. You had better sharpen your pencil a bunch.
Steve

What's wrong with that price? In the Netherlands these units cost the same,
but in euro's. So to us it's dirt cheap.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article
,
fishingguy wrote:

Hey guys,

I am located in the US and work for a company who is right now
liquidating it's Class B AIS units to people outside the US. If
anyone is interested in taking advantage of the weak dollar and get a
really good deal on a Class B unit. No this is not a scam or some
other type of misrepresentation, just an offer to those outside the US
to purchase a unit at a low price. Please take a look at the
following link if you are interested:

http://www.portvision.com/Public/Class-B-AIS/

For not that much more I can get a nice unit including display like the
AI50 from Simrad. And it's not the only one ...

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Meindert,
They are vailable in Australia for $450. I forget the name of the company
though.
Steve

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
ll.nl...
"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Not at that price. You had better sharpen your pencil a bunch.
Steve

What's wrong with that price? In the Netherlands these units cost the
same,
but in euro's. So to us it's dirt cheap.

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Are you sure that's the price of a class B transponder? $450 is a regular
price for a class A.
If you could find/remember the name of the company that would be great

Paul.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Paul,
I'll look. Here are 4 receiver units that I have found already. The Si-Tex
Black Box, the Smart Radio SR161 (single channel) and SR162 (dual channel),
Euro Nav AI3000. These are receivers only either 1 or 2 channel. Some of
these are less than $200. Class B transponders like Digital Yacht
SMARTERTrack AIT250 are 419 Pounds Sterling. Class B is totally voluntary.
For most yachts, a receiver is enough. If a transponder is required, why
screw around with a Class B? There are plenty of used "A"s around at very
friendly prices. Please keep in mind that "A"s are mandatory under "Safety
At Of Life At Sea" SOLAS rules for vessels over 300 tons or those vessels
that carry 11 or more passengers, but are NOT illegal for anyone else
either. I bought a SIMRAD 7000 Class A, last years model new for $1400 less
antennae.
Steve

"ZeilDude" wrote in message
Are you sure that's the price of a class B transponder? $450 is a regular
price for a class A.
If you could find/remember the name of the company that would be great

Paul.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Steve,

Thanks for these insights. I'm looking for a transponder. Noticed they are
sold in UK now as AIT250 for arround 500 pounds, but have not seen them yet
for the 419,- you mentioned. If I'm correct Class A transmits at much higher
power, so I'm wondering the impact this has on battery consumption for
longer period of time. Or can class A transponder be switched to receiver
only mode?
In general I think the class A are more future proof and have better
handling, so thanks for the tip.

Paul.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Paul,
Yes, they can be silenced just like the "B" battery time is not an issue
with either.
Steve

"ZeilDude" wrote in message
.. .
Steve,

Thanks for these insights. I'm looking for a transponder. Noticed they are
sold in UK now as AIT250 for arround 500 pounds, but have not seen them
yet for the 419,- you mentioned. If I'm correct Class A transmits at much
higher power, so I'm wondering the impact this has on battery consumption
for longer period of time. Or can class A transponder be switched to
receiver only mode?
In general I think the class A are more future proof and have better
handling, so thanks for the tip.

Paul.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
den den is offline

Boy that was quick... The AIS "B" has been removed. Looks like these
guys do software only, except for the "Barge Box'
http://www.portvision.com/Public/Class-B-AIS/

Den 48YF
http://www.densnet.com

First-class quality, first-class service ddddd Cruising 0 October 26th 07 01:06 PM
Top of the class Joe ASA 11 May 20th 07 11:09 PM
1st Class Express 30! Capt. Rob ASA 0 June 29th 06 09:10 AM
Class V Indiana! General 1 September 8th 03 04:01 PM