Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Wilbur and Redcloud

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 00:30:13 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

I'd say fatigue due to inexperience, which isn't all that uncommon.

That's a good way to put it. With experience you learn to first avoid
fatigue if at all possible, recognize the symptoms if it does happen,
and be wary of the impaired judgement that results.

When I'm planning a multi-day passage I like to analyze the "bail out"
points and alternatives in advance, chart way points and routes for
them, and have a conscious "go/no go" decion making process before
continuing further. There will always be times when you err on the
side of caution but I've come to view that as a good thing.