Per Corell

Default ideas/plans for a small rowing/saiing boat

Hi

(bear) wrote in message
. com...
I've been planning on building a boat next spring but I now have a
friend with a cottage so my plan to build a canoe may turn into
building something that sails.

I've done some preliminary investigation and I like the 'Norwegian
Sailing Pram' by Simon Watts, but frankly the lapstrake construction
looks to be a bit over my head.

Guess you shuld check how easy lapstrake work with modern full-scale
plans and a different attitude ; acturly a lapstrake pram , redesigned
for sail can be build in 25 hours ,and you can find designs where the
planks is not curved but strait planks as you find in the local wood
store. You se some boat designers acturly build ontop the old proud
crafts to modernise these ,so even an amature can profit from modern
CAD options, full-scale plans for building jig and best of all a
garentie while many build and build ontop a tradision bringing safe
and realable small boats for a thousand years, with the lapstrake
technike.
Replace a broken plank without breaking the lot apart, use natural
wood and reconise the true craftmanship of tradisional wooden boats
building , -- then there is no better choice than the easy build
norwegian pram types ; but please remember that if you don't pick one
that is re-designed for sail, you will not get a very good sail
dinghie ,even while having a tradisional bottom shape you will end up
with a boat that proven safe and relaible for centuries and decades.
-------- Now please check what you can perform wothout epoxy , by
checking this link ;

http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/pricelist.htm

You find a better description with the Products link at this page ;

http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/pricelist.htm

http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/

And if you wonder where you can find these plans as free download,
please start at this link ;

You just check the Files section where the plans will be found.

P.s.
Don't mind the social harasment that is bound to follow this advise,
if you want to chechk how these lapstrake boats look ready build, you
will find foto's at the links provided.

Per Corell
Have a nice day.