Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Apr 5, 7:20*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in messagenews:lhcgv3tmnc4on4g66bq3hhkhts27m6qgsn@4ax .com...

I hate to sound like an old man (even if I am) but in my younger days

a 5 H.P. motor was considered a "fishing boat" motor. A fishing boat
being a well built (i.e., heavy) wooden 14 - 16 foot boat. Now 'a days
it seems to take at least 50 H.P to push he same boat -- maybe the
horses are getting smaller?

In your younger days motors ran on steam!

Wilbur Hubbard

Bruce, was Wilbur being unkind to you? Actually, the horses
aren't getting smaller, it's just that the hardwiring in the brains of
some today can only produce one thought---there is no substitute for
having the biggest one in the group. Although they're talking about
their boat motors, we all know the basis for that psychological
affliction of only the biggest is the best. LOLOL But all we wanna
do is putt-putt-putt around the nice quiet, placid lake and soak up
some rays...no water skiing, no planing, no drag racing, no attempts
to cross the Pacific via Hawaii...just putt, putt, putt, putt, putt,
putt....................................so ya think the DF4 will do
that huh?

-Jay

Jay