Ron Thornton

Default Bilge Pump Switch

Brian,

No I do not believe it doesn't agree. Honeywells definition differs in
that it does not infer that the gas internal to the switch is the same
gas that is in the outside environment. Her inference was that the
external gas could migrate into the switch, explode and not ignite the
outside gas. This is like saying that in all instances a gasoline
engine with a flame arrestor will not ignite gas fumes in a boat when in
fact on rare occasions they do. Not a design I would stake my life on.
I remember testing switches that would shoot a flame out when turned off
at elevated temperatures because they would ignite flammable gases that
outgased from the materials inside. I believe your interpretation of
the Honeywell definition is incorrect but it has been a long time since
I have dealt with these things so as always I stand to be corrected.

Regards, Ron