bowgus

Default Repower Grady White

If it was me, and I had an engine that put out 188 hp, I would first look
into the cost to rebuild that engine rather than pull it out to replace it
with a 190 hp engine. And I'd guess your 4 cyl is lighter than the 6 cyl,
likely giving better overall performance due to the weight difference. Maybe
there's a stroker kit? Supercharger :-)

"Brillo" wrote in message
I have a 1983 Grady White Seafarer 22" IO. The engine is the old Merc
Cruiser 488. 4 cylinder 188 hp. FWC. This motor is just about done and I

am
considering repowering with a Mercruiser 4.3 L V6 carburated 190 hp. Does
anyone have any experience with this job? Any problems or major pit falls

need to watch out for? Thanks.