John

Default Need books, articles, website to design a canoe (concrete)

there is a newgroup:

git.ce.concrete.canoe

go figure!

Pablo wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I'm looking for books, articles or websites that refer to canoe

design.
I'm a part of a group of students that will built a concrete canoe. More
precisely I would like to know if there is a formula that describes the
canoe theorical velocity given a canoe design (shape and rugosity of the
canoe) I have found a formula on a website which describe the theorical
velocity (W. Froude) of the canoe; V=2.26(L)^0.5 where V is the theorical
velocity (ft/s) and L (feets) the length of the canoe, but would like to
know in which type of books (fluide mechanics or hydraulics(names of the
books-chapters)) I would find the formula mentionned above and other
formulas that would help me understand what I need to consider when
designing a canoe. I have search in mechanical fluids and hydraulics but
have not been able to find such a formula, so I was wondering if I was
looking in the rigth type of books? If you can be of any help, pointing me
in the right direction I will really appreciate it. Thanks for your time

and
help.

Pablo (remove213)