[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Injection Limiter adjustment

On Mar 21, 1:40 pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
... Everything in the QM, and I strongly suspect on your GM as well, depends on
balances of spring pressure and there are numerous points where a bit of
corrosion, burr left over from manufacturing, etc. could create exactly the
symptoms you describe.

Yes that sounds like the same beast. I've sent you a few scans. Hope
they aren't to horrible.

You probably need to have the back cover taken off this engine and
everything in the governor system checked out. It doesn't look like rocket
science.

Yes, but it is a PIA. Actually, I was just looking at the injector
pump and I think I can get it out of there (I'll have to rescue the
shims by feel, but... So, I might pull it and have it over to the
shop before I have the front of the engine off. Still, turning one
little screw sounds soooo much easier...

Cheers,

-- Tom.