Brian Whatcott

Default Titebond II

Yesterday, I was applying two by four doublers to one or two rafters
and perlins in the roofspace of the homestread, cracked or broken
after half a century's service. I left one doubler stud overnight,
with some Titebond carpenter's glue applied to one face.

This morning, I noticed I had left a fender washer on the glue face,
and the glue had set 15 hours later.
I tapped at the steel washer's edge to no avail, and finally hammered
it off. It came away with a surface layer of softwood.

I was more than impressed, not expecting such good metal/wood
bonding performance from a one part white resin glue.
It claims to be the strongest wood glue - and water resistant too,
but not for use below the water line.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK