Glenn Ashmore

Default Plumbing the Watermaker output?

You know me better than that! To me KISS is something that gives you
Mono or Hepatitis. :-)

This system is a result of 30 years in the software business learning
never to completely trust a computer. :-) It is as automated as I can
make it with push button operation and auto backflush but with mandatory
human intervention at critical points and manual overrides everywhere.

I added a Hanna electronic TDS sensor wired to a 3-way solenoid. When
the TDS drops to acceptable levels the product diverts to a second
solenoid and that outputs to the manual sampling tap that I think I
will mound near the helm. If it taste OK I push a button to send it to
the tanks.

Steve wrote:
Your assuming that your salinity divertor is 'fool proof'??

You may be correct because, while using the product water as it is being
delivered, you would stand a better chance of noticing your coffee is a bit
salty.

My set up will deliver the product water to the tank fill manifold..

I may rethink this since I could fill a tank with bad water and never know
it.

I was onboard a friends boat and he had the product water line coming to his
galley sinks where it ran down the drain until he took a final "taste"
sample.. If it was good, he turned a 3 way valve that sent it to the tanks.

My HRO system has a remote control/indicator panel with both audible and
visual alarms to indicate any fault in the system or product water.. I
haven't installed it yet, seems to complicate the system too much.

I kinda like my friends simple method. KISS..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

--
Glenn Ashmore