Oddgeir Kvien

Default Advice needed

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:34:41 +0000, Matt/Meribeth Pedersen wrote:

I didn't pay great attention to the details since I'm from the US, but
I seem to recall a furor some time ago about the "Recreational
Craft Directive". I think the RCD was requiring every boat
(including home builts) to certify to some absurd safety standard,
including some type of stability test. The UK magazines that I
occasionally read thought it was completely ridiculous. You might
want to try a search on RCD to see if anything turns up.

The RCD only comes to play if you intend to sell the boat. For your
own personal use you can do what you want to. In Europe it is not
legal to sell a boat which is not CE marked, ie you must proove it
is buildt acording to the RCD. Bu if the boat has been used for 5
years or more you can legaly sell it. By 5 years in use the boat
has prooven to be good enough. (At least that is the way it is in
Norway, and probably in the rest of Europe also.)

--
Oddgeir