Rick Tyler

Default Info on Rigs

On 08 Sep 2003 06:54:24 +0100, Mark Hindley
wrote:

(Stephen Baker) writes:

Mark,
How big a boat are you after? How much load are you going to carry? (that's
the PC way of asking what you weigh and if your wife/SO is going with you.)

I think I am looking for a capable day boat for costal cruising. Up to
4 people. Probable 15-18 ft range

For glued lapstrake sailboats, I would check out the designs of John
Welsford, too. His US agent is at www.duckworksmagazine.com, and his
own Web site (out of New Zealand) is http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/.
Interestingly, the Duckworks site has a more complete catalog than his
own.

Many of Welsford's designs combine traditional looks with
high-performance hull shapes and big rigs. His "Sweet Pea" is an
especially hot-looking design, although I believe his "Navigator" is
his most popular.

Good luck.

- Rick Tyler
--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian