Just Us

Default Rebuilding Trimaran

I am new to this group and would like get some feedback on my rebuild
project.
I have a 25ft Searunner Tri.The starboard amass is bad and I ma rebuilding
it.
The ply has delaminated to the point the really is no ply in places.
My first thought was to soak the ply with Dr Rot and put plastic sheets over
that with pressure against it to resecure the ply layers.
Upon further study, it looks like I will remove all rotten ply, and lap in
new sections.
I decided this after finding some areas the ply had come loose from the
ribbing.
Looks like about 30% of the ply will be replaced. The bilge areas, bow and
stern are all great.
No sections of rotten ply are so close as to allow any bulkheads to move, so
shape should stay fine.
Now the comment area.
What would you recommend to coat the outside with once I've got the new ply
on? I plan to sand all the boat and coat everything the same.
Also I am missing the rudder, anyone know the specs for a Searunner rudder.
Finally, anyone want to come help, or maybe do this project for me- Just
kidding.
I'm really looking forward to when it's done.
I hope to get a webpage going with picture of the progress, if anyone would
be interested.
Wish me luck.
Robert