William R. Watt

Default Sawhorse recommendations

You can make pretty versatile sawhorses out of plywood which come apart
for easy storage. Basically you cut triangluar pieces for each of the legs
a rectangular piece for the beam and attach extra pieces to the beam to
provide slots for the legs to slide into. You can custom shape the top of
the beam to cradle a boat or whatever. I haven't seen a formula for load
bearing strength.

WCD ) writes:
I'm looking for recommendations for supports, like sawhorses, to support
boats in my shop while I work on them. Something of wood I can make
myself. Right now I'm looking at a 16' Lyman, to give you an idea of size.

Any web sites that could give me a clue?

I found a site with sawhorses for working on canoes and kayaks, but I'm
looking for something more substantial.

Thanks for any advice.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm