Ed Edelenbos

Default Thoughts wanted...

I have successfully build a few small boats. All so far have been (I'm
not sure of the correct term) nail/screw and glue ply on frame (tortured
plywood?). I have 2 boats on the drawing board... the first is a tiny
pontoon boat (pontoons 8', deck 6'x4') as a precursor to a larger boat
with similar construction. (I want to build a small cheap one before I
commit the time and $$$ into something that "might" work.)

The next boat is similar to (if not a copy of);

http://bill_sandifer.tripod.com/mini...oater/id6.html

just because it is so damned goofy looking. What can I say, there is a
certain charm to it and I have the perfect place for it. This also
seems like a candidate for frame construction but I am thinking of doing
stitch and glue just to try it. What thinks y'all? A waste of effort
on such a simple boat? Or would this be a good exercise for learning s&g?

Ed