Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] is offline

Default Rotten Apples (Ghost Ships, part II)

Tim wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:00 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Tim wrote:

Don White wrote:
i haven't totally written it off, I have to tre and decide if my chances of
collecting are worth further investment of money.
Eh, at this venture, if it was my situation, I think I'd cut the loses
and chalk this one up to experience and move on. But I'd rememeber
that this is the last time it would happen to me.

I would definitely take them to small claims court. If Don has stated
the facts correctly he would win. The problem is too often the consumer
assumes some facts, that are proven to be incorrect in court.

I know it wold probably be different under canadian law, but here' we
would have the extra fees, + time from work +the courts will allow
only an award amout up to and not exceeding $1500.00 If you want more
you have to take it to civil court.

Even if you do get a judgement, you still may not get satisfaction. If
the guy refuses to cooperate, then back to civil court you go. this
time hiring a lawer etc. andyou can get a judgement there too! But no
garentee that you'll come out a head...

been there.

In my county it is $5000 for Magistrate (small claims) Court.