Tim Tim is offline

Default Rotten Apples (Ghost Ships, part II)

On Feb 20, 5:00*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Tim wrote:

Don White wrote:
i haven't totally written it off, I have to tre and decide if my chances of
collecting are worth further investment of money.

Eh, at this venture, if it was my situation, I think I'd cut the loses
and chalk this one up to experience and move on. But I'd rememeber
that this is the last time it would happen to me.

I would definitely take them to small claims court. *If Don has stated
the facts correctly he would win. *The problem is too often the consumer
assumes some facts, that are proven to be incorrect in court.

I know it wold probably be different under canadian law, but here' we
would have the extra fees, + time from work +the courts will allow
only an award amout up to and not exceeding $1500.00 If you want more
you have to take it to civil court.

Even if you do get a judgement, you still may not get satisfaction. If
the guy refuses to cooperate, then back to civil court you go. this
time hiring a lawer etc. andyou can get a judgement there too! But no
garentee that you'll come out a head...

been there.