posted to rec.boats.electronics
PizzaFoundry PizzaFoundry is offline

Default Inmarsat-B modem problem

Don't know if there's a more suitable group for this but I thought I'd
try here first. Furuno Felcom 82A, using Skyfile, upon initiating an
exchange, getting a message "Transfer 16.02.08.20:21:48, init error
Step 2! and sometimes "CTS low - check modem". Can't send or receive
emails due to this problem, as the first few at commands go through
but then it blows at the cts problem.

Have gone though some basic at settings suggested in manual via
hypertrm, at replies get good ok responses everywhere. Feels like a
stupid setting problem somewhere but damned if I can find it. Or
maybe the modem is actually hosed. Not yet willing to default the 82,
as not sure customer has settings saved anywhere and I'm not familiar
enough with it yet to even know how to get settings OUT of it.

Tips?