Terry Spragg

Default Making fiberglass not slippery

John Smith wrote:

I am putting some fiberglass/epoxy on the floor of my shower (okay, it is a
little off topic, but I could have said my boat deck...) and I want to be
sure it is not slippery. I was thinking about sprinkling some sand on it
before it is totally set. Does that make sense, or is there a better way?

Thanks.

(the shower floor flexes a little too much, and I am afraid it will crack. I
would rather fiberglass it before it cracks than after.)

When I retopped my veranda deck, the wife sprinkled a little
antiskid sand in the wet urethane paint between coats. After a
winter of snow scraping, it is still doing what it does best,
gripping snowy boots in the winter as well as wet bare feet in
the summer.

No low relief, comfortable, bare foot antiskid will protect
against hydroplaning, once it starts. The sand only tickles bare
feet that need more beach time.
--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is