DK DK is offline

Default Apology to gay losers

HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:06:15 -0500, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:16:23 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:23:55 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Feb 10, 12:06?pm, John H.
The basis for even considering education in the discussion was
a claim
that D's oppose "No Child Left Behind", and thaty they do so
because
if the amount of education were increased across the country the
number of people supporting the D's would decrease.
Which, by the way, was a valid claim.
--
Then according to your theory, the states with the greatest
numbers of

Care to offer some examples? Half a dozen or so of each would be
sufficient to establish a trend, rather than an exception.

Education isn't a statewide function anywhere that I know of.
It's a county
or city function normally.
Unbelievable.

And you used to teach? Who certified you - Wal-Mart?
Herring worked as a substitute teacher. The qualifications for a
substitute teacher in Alexandra, Virginia, where Herring lives, are
minimal:

* at least 60 hours of college coursework
* evidence of a negative tuberculin test (or chest x-ray)
* a completed online application
* attend an orientation session (see below)
* criminal background check — at the orientation session, you
will schedule an appointment to return for fingerprinting (the cost
to the applicant is $42)
Subs here in CT are required to have a four year degree, have to pass
a teaching methods course and the usual fingerprint checks, etc.

Teacher Aides have to have a two year degree Middle school and up
unless - at the Elementary level it's not required.
Virginia is part of the South

Did you get my note about your possibly "lunch-by"? This coming
weekend is fine, but I will be gone the weekend of the 23rd.

Well, so much for that.

However, all is not lost. Scott is bugging me to take a trip down
with him in the Spring - he wants to visit his daughter, I can visit
mine while down there and we can hook up for fishing for a day.

Shoot for the *real* spring, late April or sometime in May, when the
chances of a decent day are pretty high. I ordered some "stuff" for son
of Yo Ho that probably will be installed by the dealer in March-April.
It's the height of "rigging season," so he wants the boat for a week to
10 days after we remove the shrinkwrap.

That's a quick turnaround to close the LT and install a bracket.