Ron Magen

Default Where can I find info?

Terry,
I try NOT to 'assume' ANYTHING !!

My reasoning for the response was simply that a LOT of people a) DON'T
have a since of reality, and b} feel that if 'something' is read on the
internet, it *must* be real.

A local Club I recently joined {one the Delaware River in the
Philadelphia area - in existence since the Civil War}, is so EMPHATIC
about safety that they INSIST that members or visitors {ESPECIALLY
children} wear PDF's even on the floating DOCK !!

While my background started in Atlantic City, NJ, and has a few years of
'sea time', it is not quite as 'adventurous' as yours. However, I don't
get your comment about . . . "You guys are making me wonder about the
boat building community." I may not build as many boats as some others,
or have a HIN 'assigned' to my shop, but I am familiar with the concept
of 'Peculinary {spl?}Liability' and how litigious our society has
become. In addition there is the simple and general concern for the
safety of the 'sport' of 'water-borne activity'. I don't want to get
into a discussion of how 'PC' it has become to get the 'Government'
involved in EVERY aspect of people's lives - just because no one seems
to want to accept the concept of 'Personal Responsibility for Personal
Activity'.

I didn't intend to insult anyone, if I did, I apologize . . . but not
for my comments to the 'general readership'. I don't mind this type of
discussions; my only regret is that it can't be continued face-to-face
over a pot of good coffee, or some chilled wine.

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop