Glenn Ashmore

Default To many pumps!!!

Dave Skolnick wrote:

Can't help with your question, but I have one of my own. I read your
web site, so I understand (I think) how you have your grey water pump
plumbed, but not why. Minimize the throughhulls? Something else?

Primarily to minimize through hulls and keep them out of the area
forward of the keel where the most slamming can occur. Also, the galley
arangement required that the sink be against the side where it may be
below the waterline at a large angle of heel. That meant a sump and
pump or religiously closing a throughhull every time. If the sump is
going to be there for the sink it is logical to plumb everything else to
it.

Oh! Yea again. There is one more small booster pump in the forward head
shower sump.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com