Andrew

Default HULL

FrenchPhil wrote in
:

I have built several models from that software. It is not
perfect but it has saved me alot of time. I agree the printing
is weird but it is usually not needed.
And best of all its free.

carlp wrote:
You get what you pay for I guess.

May I suggest a little more time learning to use a powerful tool and
a little less time whining?

Al
//////////
You obviously fail to grasp what I wrote, the freebie was purposely
corrupted, others stop down usage but others atleast inform that they
have limited use, not Hulls, they corrupt the printing causing
useless piles of paper to be wasted out of anyone's control it takes
over the print program which cannot even be aborted, only by removing
the paper from paper tray and shutting down, the information is a
total waste of time this is incorrect frames and bulkhead information
purposely distorted, why offer it at all, this is nothing less than
fraud information that is purposely corrupted is the action of a mad
man.

I agree, I've built one small boat with Carlson Design Hull Designer
software and can offer the following;

It's free, so expect what you pay for, like all software it takes a bit of
effort in learning and setting up.
http://home.clara.net/gmatkin/hullstut.htm helped me a lot.

It's end product is (often) better than most could do otherwise in a
reasonable period.

I've not found any functional error using the software.

Printing; I've had no problems with the printing once I set up the printer
correctly and learnt how to specify what I wanted printed, it's not all
done for you. If you incorrectly specify what you want printed it is easy
to get piles of dxf file listing or ASCII file of offsets when you might
expect a plan form.

The progam gives a Print to File option, Nesting option, DXF export and
Offsets listing. given hat and having used it for a while it is unlikely
I'd ever want to print a plan form directly from the program. More likely
is to export to dxf to finish it up in CAD, print nested parts or print
offsets. All that seems to work fine once you spend the time to figure out
how to use the software.