Simon Brooke

Default UK import duty and VAT on boat plans?

I'm currently thinking about two possible designs for my next
boat. One of the designers is in the US (Dick Newick) and the other is
in New Zealand (Malcolm Tennant). What I don't know in my budgeting is
whether I'm going to be hit for import duty and value added tax (VAT)
on these. If I am it could easily be a thousand pounds in tax and
that's a big hit.

Has anyone any experience of importing boat plans into the UK, and if
so are there any ways of minimising the tax hit?

I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those
who are now possible remain possible -- Michael Bakunin