Steve Alexanderson

Default Don't trailer with motor tilted up. How about under way?

I found a little block and strap device today called the Bracket Pr.
http://www.hnet.net/~bracketpro/
Looks like it might be a good way to go, along with a fixed bracket. Never
need to remove the kicker, and no warrantees nullified. Anyone have any
experience with these?

"-rick-" wrote in message

Beats me. The cheapest way is probably a good fixed bracket and the
kicker's tilt. On the trailer a transom saver could be used, on the water

block and/or strap might suffice to protect the kicker's tilt. As a
practical matter I bet either the Garlick or Panther would hold up

although
it wouldn't hurt to add a short safety chain and inspect regularly. I
trailered a 8hp extra-long shaft Merc in the up position for years without
incident.

-rick-