Gary Wright

Default Old Towne Square Stern Canoe

In article ,
(Funjumper101) wrote:

Thanks for the advice. My brother built two of the canoes at the same
time from this book. They were almost complete when I saw them. I had
a copy of Ted Moores Canoecraft that I had read cover to cover. I was
less than impressed with the lines and the butt joints were really
obvious under the epoxy. I had brought with me my copy of CanoeCraft
and I ended up giving it to him. According to what he tells me the
canoes are OK but a bit heavy.

Boy is my face red. After I preached about how Ted Moores' book Canoecraft
promotes better craftsmanship than Gilpatrick's 1st book, an arguement I
supported by pointing at Gilpatrick's butt joined strips, I was flipping
through my old edition of Canoecraft, and what do I see on page 98 - Ted
Moores glueing up a butt joint! Oops.

Well, I don't care how the others do it. I'm still going to try to find full
length material first, and if that fails, I'll scarf my planks. So there.

-GW