Glenn Ashmore

Default tar for hemp and marline

You can still get Stockholm tar at veterinary and horse supply houses.
About the only use for it these days is a remedy for thrush on horses'
hooves.

John Kohnen wrote:
Brion Toss gives a recipe for slush to use on served standing rigging:

6 parts Stockholm Tar
3 parts Boiled Linseed Oil
1 part Japan Drier
1 part Spar Varnish

He says the tar you use makes a difference, use Stockholm tar if you can
find it.

For rigging served with nylon (tarred nylon seine twine is good) Toss says
Net Dip from the fishery supply store works good.

On 18 Jul 2003 12:46:50 -0700 (Bob Hill) wrote:

Anybody know how to make tar for use in tarring rigging (hemp and

marline)?

--
John
http://www.boat-links.com/