kit kit is offline

Default CE Category System

On Feb 4, 6:41 am, wrote:
"Marc Heusser" d wrote in

In article
,
kit wrote:

Thank you, gentlemen. That was very helpful, but I would be pleased
for a bit more explanation. To use an example, I have been reviewing
sales brochures for two Jeanneau sailboats, the 39i and the 39DS.
Jeanneau listsCECategoryA-9 / B-10 / C-12 for the 39i and A-8 /
B-10 / C-12 for the 39DS. The question I have is: why is there more
than oneCEmark for each boat, what are the numerical designations,
and why would one be A-9 and the other A-8 when they are nearly
identical boats?

Most likely the numbers are permitted crew size for the respective range.
Otherwise feel free to ask Jeanneau atwww.jeanneau.fr.

HTH

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com

As stated by Marc, asking Jeanneau is the best way to find out.
In my book, the Maximum recommended number of persons on board by designcategory:
A = 6 Persons, B = 7 Persons, C = 8 and D = 10.

Some builders will states in their manuals that theCEcertification is
"Pending".
This means that it is not yet approved. The no. of the acknowledged body
should be specified.
Example, CE0607.

Again, Thanks. Can you provide me with a link or other direction to a
reference that would explain the CE Category use and application.
While I intend to contact Jeanneau, it would be helpful to obtain more
in depth background information on this classification system.