Brian Whatcott

Default 1993 Bayliner 1954CW

2 pounds of urethane foam expands to a cubic foot, which can support
55 pounds weight.

50 pounds of foam of this kind would support 25 X 55 pounds of boat
that;'s 1355 lbs - that's somewhere near a Bayliner 19' weight, I
expect. Epoxy would be an excellent choice for sticking the boat
together.
I am not specially impressed by a bigname boat rotting out in ten
years. Anyone heard of treated wood?
I'll leave the choice of glass to others.

Brian W Altus OK

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:51:11 GMT, "Phil" wrote:

I'm new here and to boat renovation.
Here's my problem:
My Father in Law gave me a 1993 Bayliner 19' model 1954CW with only 51 hours
on the motor.
The deck and wood has rotted out and needs to be replaced.
I have removed all wood and decking.
I'm now ready to replace and resin the deck and other wood areas.
What is the best resin to use?
I have been told that Epoxy can not be used because it will not adhere well
to the poly the hull is made of.
Also what type of cloth should be used for the deck and other areas.
Any help would be great.
This has been a very fun project so far.
The only problem I've run into has been dealers and suppliers that wont give
you an honest answer or price.
All so far have gone for the "over sale" on materials with a lot of waste on
materials.
One local company attempted to convince me I would need 50lbs of flotation
foam,,,,,right!
I don't know how much foam I will need but I don't think it will be 50lbs.
If any knows a formula for figuring this please give it to me.

Phil
Jax,Fl.