Walt

Default polyester - epoxy bonding

I have a polyester/ glass laminated part (gelcoat on one side) and I
need to repair a hole in it. In the past, Ive sanded the
glass/polyester, cleaned it up with acetone and then used west epoxy and
"boat tape" glass. The polyester part is about 4 years old.

This works reasonably well but the bond doesnt seem as good as the
original polyster glass to glass laminations or if I were bonding epoxy
to epoxy.

Any suggestions on a really strong way to fix holes in polyester
laminated structures or improvements on what Im already doing would be
appreciated.

Regards,

wh