Glenn Ashmore

Default vinylester->polyester->epoxy layers?

The basic rule is that no bond is ever any better than the bond of the
layers below it. It depends on a lot of things not the least of which
is the type of paint and the quality of the bond. The safest thing is
to grind down to clean laminate but you can possibly get by if you get
down to very well bonded paint if what you are doing is not critically
structural.

On a cured surface the bond is largely mechanical so you have to leave
some tooth for the eopxy to grip.

JS wrote:
Last year I put some fiberglass on with expoxy, and then painted it. (you
have to do that for UV protection, don't you?)

How thoroughly would the paint have to be removed to put more epoxy on in
the future?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com