Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Install or not install...

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:58:06 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:07:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

My problem with Outlook 2000 was that it had no place for adding written
notes that were connected with a contact.

Right. It was real good for scheduling though. I looked at the
Outlook Express on my PC, and the address book looks the same as
Outlook's, but it doesn't even have a calendar.
I'll let you know when I find a calendar/contacts/alarm combo I like.
'Course that'll be just what works for me.

Okay, found what I want. 25 bucks.
All functions are very intuitive.
Simple calendar which does appointments and is integrated with
birthdays in the address book. Birthday alarms have "time before"
options.
Calendar is a simple traditional one month view, but scrollable.
Can be set to pop up the "day" window at Win startup, so if you have
an appointment or it's somebody's birthday, you can't miss it.
Address book can export/import/print.
Address fields are easily added/deleted. Like fax, or unneeded
address lines. There is note tab for addressees, and it has Word-like
functionality. You can also click on addressee e-mail address and it
invokes your e-mail client, or web address to invoke browser.
Any addressee, note or appointment can be turned into a sticker by
clicking an icon.
It has a password keeper, which I won't use as it's not encrypted.
Uses very little resources.
I tried about 25 calendar/pim suites.
None were as intuitive as this. Only one had address book
birthday/calendar integration, but was otherwise lacking.
One had a real nice calendar, and I even filled all 12 months with
personal Florida fish, boat and wife photos, and I hated dumping it,
but it didn't do what I was after.
Integrated address book/calendar/alarm which will be used daily..
All in all it was easy to decide on this one, once I found it.
Anyway, I told you I'd let you know.

--Vic

..