Joe Kovacs

Default Lost for ever hatch cover large 18x19

wrote:

Moronic error -once on trailer pulling tempest 22 I lost a

trailer hatch
cover 18x19 closure over a lip on aft deck.Plain and simple

what do I do????
Found some covers that are nicer than my old one but much

smaller .Is there
a way to make the opening smaller? Or perhaps do you know of

a supplier of
hatch covers ?

I did that many years ago, lost a hatch cover from the cockpit
of my O'Day Mariner while towing it.

I went in to a boat dealer and he ordered me a new one from
O'Day. Nothing to it.

If O'Day couldn't have supplied it, I would have borrowed a
hatch from a friendly Mariner owner, made a mold and laid up a
new hatch in that. If you're not so inclined, any
fibreglassing shop can do that for you if you supply the
sample, and they're not too expensive. Well, it's not too
expensive to ask, anyways...

Joe Kovacs
SV Sea Breeze
Cooper River Marina Charleston SC