posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] ericsmith3d@charter.net is offline

Default Cabling of chart plotter on a sail boat

That's what I've done with my Garmin cable for the last five years.
Granted, not the North Atlantic but through the snow and ice of
midwestern winters. There's been no appreciable degradation. One thing
that I always though might help but never got around to would be to
obtain a neoprene cap to put over the plug.

On Jan 23, 12:45 pm, oscar wrote:

This seems rather harsh, so my question to all of you is simply, is it
prudent to have such a cable hanging out or do you have a better idea?

Oscar