posted to rec.boats.electronics
Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave leak detector - active radar reflectors

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

Class B AIS transponders (just coming on the market) are over $1,000
Class A AIS transponders are $4,000-5,000.

There is also a question of whether a radar or AIS transponder is
legal on a pleasure craft in the potential user's country.

I don't think that any Class B AIS units are approved for use in the
US at present. (I don't think that the AIS units should be called
transponders, as the transmit function doesn't depend on receiving any
signals.)

That unfortunately cannot be explained by technical reasons - Simrad's
AI50 is ready.
(http://www.simrad-yachting.com/Produ...-Fishfinding/A
I50-Automatic-Identification-System/)

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com