posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default TDS Meter Source

Glenn,

I was just looking at your site and was looking at the RO control panel
schematic. One thing that I didn't understand was that it appears that the
fresh water flush tees into the brine water supply line to the pump. How
do you adjust the water pressure so that you're not feeding 800 PSI RO
water to the membranes? I've been told not to run the pressure above 200
PSI when flushing with non-brine water as it will over drive the membrane.

Also, when the solenoid is open, won't you potentially end up with fresh
water back flowing through the pre-filters and out through the seacock? I
suppose that just flushes the pre-filters.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org