[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default going wrong way

For a couple of weeks we've been headed north on the ICW, from Florida
to our home in NC. This is the wrong way to go in January.

Southbound boats pass us at least a dozen times a day, about 3/5
sailboats. Until
yesterday, we never saw a sailboat using it's sails, either. Yesterday
we saw one boat with their genny unrolled as they motored south with a
favorable wind. Then later in the day at Ossabaw Sound we saw a guy
sailing south... he was actually close-hauled and fighting a little
tidal current too. The boat was a Hans Christian named "To-Ta" in case
anybody else sees him.

BTW we refueled in Ft Pierce Florida, we are now in SC and have used
about 1/4 tank (have 3/4 left). Slow but efficient, that's us.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King