[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Ping Vic Smith

On Jan 10, 9:06*am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:47:56 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I dug up some interesting reading for you concerning how to brew from
a total beginner's standpoint. Maybe soon I'll pick your brain about
cheese making. They have a lot of similarities.

http://www.realbeer.com/spencer/howtobrew1st.html

Thanks. *I started to read it, then bookmarked it.
Still haven't decided if I'll do it. *Looks like a lot of work.
The kits look like the easiest way to go to see if I want to do it.
I can't tell you anything about making cheese since I just did that
only once from a kit a long time ago. *It didn't seem worth the work
and materials in the end, given the store price of good cheese.
One thing I remember is the press form was plastic, and was good for
only one round because it cracked.
If I were serious I'd get something better.

--Vic

It's not really a lot of work once you get set up. It takes a few
batches to get the hang of things, after that you get comfortable, and
it's a breeze.