Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Hydraulic steering: lines with severe soft spots

On 2008-01-05 16:23:00 -0500, Len said:

A few years ago I topped up up the reservoir of my steering system with
BP 22 High Performance hydraulic oil. Everything works ok but now I
discovered a few stretched spots right after the hydraulic pump. Could
it be this BP oil affects the plastic lines? Any ideas about cause
and/or solution?

I'd say replace with a hose that you know will handle it. Whatever the
old line's construction, it's time to replace, whether it was caused by
the oil or not. "Stretched" sounds like you might want to make the new
line a bit longer so it doesn't have that stress.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD