Mike

Default diesel lift pump, marine vs auto.

Ed wrote in message . ..
On a gas engine I would say RUN!!!(Car fuel pumps can drip fuel) but I
used to own the same engines and routinely found that the Chrysler/Dodge
parts were identical to the Cummins parts. One exception...
airfilters.... Cummins had the steel mesh inside and outside assuring
that if they got wet you did not suck in a bunch of wet paper.

\

Thanks for the reply.
As luck would have it, I had to pass the Cummins dealer yesterday. So
I got the the pump there. But it is good to know that I can get other
parts there.
How many hours did you get on the engines? Any particular problems?
I've had these for about 10 years (3000+ hrs). I recently rebuild the
turbos, replaced the injectors, but no problems, always startup easy.

Thanks again.