posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction Blocks Traffic

"HK" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:54:08 -0500, "Scotty" wrote:

Acording to someone on this group, it's his God given right
to wake a smaller boat and you should just deal with it, or
get off ''his'' waters.

Not sure if he falls under #1 or # 2.

============================

No whine before its time.

One man's ripple is another man's tsunami. "Waking a smaller boat"
implies an intentional malicious action, and I don't think much, if
any, of that goes on. I'd be the first to call someone to task if I
suspected it.

That said, wakes happen. Get over it, buy a bigger boat, or stay away
from where the big boys play.

Geez...what an arrogant ass you are.

Harry, there are some people on the ICW that you would have to drift by in
neutral to satisfy. Most of them are sailboaters and local fishermen in jon
boats sitting at anchor in the middle of the channel. On my trip, being the
first time, I had studied up on all the rules and courtesies expected on the
ICW. After a couple of days I realized that when others don't respect them
and give you a one-finger salute instead ..... wake 'em! :-)

Eisboch