posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Bloody Horvath Bloody Horvath is offline

Default What's under your mast?

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:23:59 -0800, Joe
wrote this crap:

On Nov 4, 4:21 pm, wrote:

when I bought a 20+ year old Lightning to sail & restore, I
found the the previous & only owner of the boat, a very wealthy man,
had drilled through pennies to use as washers. There were at least 120
of them all through the boat.

Wow he must have been filthy rich Doug..That's over 1.20..

Dimes make great #8 washers and cheaper than SS.

I find it strange to use copper pennies. When two different metals
are placed together in salt water, there is terrible corrosion.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.