Jim Jim is offline

Default Chain hook

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:49:26 -0500, "Ansley W. Sawyer"
wrote:

Jim has brought up a good point. For those of us who us all chain, how do
you attach your snubber?

Chain hook, how well does it stay?

It "stays" very well as long as there is tension on it. I let out a
15 or 20 ft loop of chain after the chain hook to ensure that there is
always a strain on it. That also creates somewhat of a kellet effect
to increase the catenary.

Good thought. I always released the tension in the chain but never
really let additional out. So when things got real calm and I drifted
over the anchor, there wasn't any tension or not enough.

Jim.