IBNFSHN

Default Longer skeg

Unless part of your skeg has been broken off, its not needed. If it has, you can get a stainless one that bolts on over the old one. They work great.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"R.Smyth" wrote in message ...
After smashing a prop, the prop shop guy suggested lengthening my skeg. But
he quoted $$$$.
So here's my idea...
Extend the length of the skeg by bolting on two strips of metal then
fibreglassing it, creating a smooth pointed end.
I know there are powerful forces at work at the business end of a boat, but
the boat itself is made of fibreglass. It will probably break if it hits
bottom. But will it stand up to the stress and the friction of normal
running?
rs

--
=^..^=