Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_21_] Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_21_] is offline

Default Cruising Boat Generator (small)

Thanks David for the reply. I found NextGen on the web and will look into
them.

Glenn.

"David&Joan" wrote in message
Wow, this post sure generated a s***storm of comments.

For what you want to do, I would install a small diesel genset. I
particularly like the 3.5 KW NextGen. It operates at a more reasonable
2800 rpm and is much cheaper than the bigger, heavier 1800 rpm gensets. It
won't last as long as the big 1800 rpm units, but it will do the job. And
with its integral sound enclosure, it won't be any louder.

For this application, I think diesel is essential. The gas Honda 2000i
will work but it is noisy and it will burn a lot of gas for AC cooling in
the middle of the summer. It is definitely much, much cheaper than a
permanently installed diesel genset. But most complaints about noise go
away with the permanently installed diesel genset.

The NexGen will cost about $5,000 with soundshield, about another $500 for
muffler, hoses, etc and about $2,000-$5000 to have it professionally
installed, nothing for the DIY.

David