posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Annapolis Alternator Shop

Red wrote:

On Oct 9, 8:11 am, Skip Gundlach wrote:

Annapolis Alternator Shop

Mamock's was recommended by several diverse sources, with no others.
They fixed me up (well, confirmed that two were dead and one was
putting out more than 100A, and swapped over a good pulley for an old
one) in a couple of hours; the last of the inop ones will go to
Charleston for warranty repair.

I was looking at a 3 cylinder yanmar a few weeks ago and found the
alternator belt was slowly being eaten. Since then I inspected 3 more
similar fairly new (all from new to less than 3 years old) racing
sailboats with the same engine and all were slowly eating belts. Belt
tension was within normal limits on each. All of these engines had 110
amp alternators on a single belt pully.
Red

Were they using a "V" belt or a flat belt?

Cheers
Marty